September 29 – Oct 3 – 2 Spots left!
October 15-17, 2021 – SOLD OUT
Come join us! Spend special time on your mat, in nature, in solitude, and in the community of others. Each retreat is limited to 12 participants in order to keep the setting intimate and facilitate deeper connections.
5 Day Yoga Retreat at the Quaker Center in Ben Lomond
led by Julianne (with Calvin Darling and Cathy Hutton)
Date: September 29 – Oct 3, 2021 (Wed 3 pm – Sunday 12 pm) 5 days 4 nights
Location: Quaker Center, a rustic Lodge style retreat center tucked into the Santa Cruz mountains in Ben Lomond
5 Day Intensive (Dive Deeper): For those who are dedicated (or are yearning to be more dedicated) to their practice and love working deeply – our 5 Day Intensive program at the Quaker Center in Ben Lomond is for you. Tucked away, snuggled in the arms of mother nature we will dwell, enjoy, hang out, address personal challenges, get questions answered “in person” and reflect/release/recreate. We will invite breakthroughs to new ways of seeing and being.
We will be blessed to have our whole foods plant based meals prepared by Beth Love, founder of Eat for the Earth. We will do yoga and learn more about it’s essence. We will look at the importance and meaning of satsang (community), sadhana (practice) and seva (service) as well as mining for the meaning of “less is more”. We will hike, have free time, connect deeply to ourselves and to each other. We will spend time alone, some time in silence and enjoy some very special evening programs.
Rooms in redwood log cabins are lovely and comfortable. A few camping spots are also available. The location is breathtaking and is easy to get to from Silicon Valley. We will observe whatever the pandemic precautions are at that time and be sensitive to each person’s needs and preferences. Pease make these needs known upon registration. All efforts will be made to accommodate them.
Is this Retreat for you?
- Could you use some time away to re group?
- Could it possibly be true that “less is more”? Take time to explore that.
- Are you re evaluating things and not quite sure how to move forward?
- Are you tired of pushing so hard? Maybe more ease in life would be welcomed?
- Are you wondering if you should change careers? Is your awareness of what is possible expanding?
- Are you passing through a time of loss and need clarity, extra strength and hope?
- Want to learn more and/or deepen your understanding of yoga and your yoga practice?
- Do you miss spending quality time in nature?
- Do you like to hike and do yoga?
- Are you aching for some time in community exploring things that really matter to you?
- Want more time to focus on your internal wisdom and then have the confidence and support to follow through on that wisdom/intuition?
- Are you wondering how you can be of better service to others and give back? Do you want to feel and know that your life has more meaning?
- Are you looking for a new perspective on things?
My body is a magnificent vehicle that connects me to my wholeness.
A wholeness of Spirit where body, mind, and breath work together as one unit
“I really have enjoyed Julianne’s yoga retreats. She is a very good teacher and the retreats are always a lot of fun. Yoga, hiking, good company, and great food, too. I’m looking forward to her next retreat.” – Rich Hubbard
“I strongly recommend going on retreat with Julianne. Her kind and generous teaching is a great gift to give yourself. On retreat with her, I got to be very quiet, slowed down, and reconnected with nature.” – Stephanie Antoine
“My retreat with Julianne at the Land of Medicine Buddha was the first yoga retreat I ever attended. I was nervous at first. I had taken classes with Julianne for a long time, but I expected that there would be a qualitative difference between attending a single class, and an entire weekend. I was right in thinking that there is a qualitative difference. I was wrong in what that qualitative difference was. I had imagined that I’d be doing yoga for 14 hours a day, and emerge from the weekend exhausted and brutally sore. Not so. I finished that weekend, thanks to Julianne and the other attendees, an energized and transformed person.” – Anonymous
“A weekend retreat with Julianne is a true gift of joy, life and learning – from the moment you drive up, there is a sense of peace. I so enjoyed deepening my yoga practice on a physical level and a spiritual level. There were so many wonderful treats in the weekend from new poses to experiencing a concert in the meadow, a meditative walk along the trails and the sound of laughter ringing in the hills. Thank you, Julianne – I am looking forward to your next adventure”! – Cheryll Getsinger
“Because an overall perception I gained was that the sensation of effervescent grace and beauty was ever there to be experienced, I asked myself “would I ever be attentive enough to see it?”. The beginning of that seeing came at my retreat with Julianne, through the stillness of that sacred space. It came in the shimmering of wind chimes in the trees, with little else but the soft landing of dust motes to punctuate a silent meditative hike. It was ushered in with the calm after-dinner walks back to my room accompanied by the sound of monks chanting in the temple and the relieving, positive, absence of electronic devices ringing and beeping”. – Michelle Sandell
No one kept away for lack of funds. Email Julianne for details.
- Cost: $795 includes everything (room, board, facility and property use and all yoga programs)
- Deposit due: 50% due at signup to hold your space. There will be a waitlist.
- Balance due: 2 weeks before your retreat
- Preferred payment method is Venmo. Venmo ID: @Julianne-Rice
- Using PayPal?: paypal.me/JulianneRice (if prompted, select “friend/family” option)
- Personal Check: Email me for snail mail address
- In the event of a pandemic related shutdown or you yourself testing positive for Covid or any unforeseen emergency related to the location – there will be 100% refunds.
- Please know that due to the intimate size of the retreat and our financial obligations to the venues, refunds will not be offered to participants who withdraw before or during the retreat.
- Payments for attending the retreat are final and cancellations are not permitted. If you become unable to attend for any reason, you are welcome to transfer your registration to a friend. Please let Julianne know immediately regarding any changes to your status.